Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Lets make a Table!

Kia ora Team! Ko Lucinda Toku ingoa and I am from Marshland school. Today our Teachers talked about the distribution of weight, structure, and planning of a table. Surprise, surprise! We are making a table out of newspaper and tape in groups of five. I actually worked with some super cool new people I have never worked with before. It turned out to be a very fun experience, learning about them and working together. Our time limit was 25 minutes, with five minutes thinking and 10 minutes planning. My Team had it all worked out with 5 very strong legs and a thick tabletop. I think we did a good job spreading out what tasks people had to do but unfortunately, we didn't get it done in time. To be honest, there were some really awesome structures and that really got me down thinking ours was not going to work. But, ours actually was the best. Most of the tables could only hold 1 to 3, but we held 10 books and 1 laptop. Still, I knew everybody did a really good job, no matter what. One of our challenges was not being able to manage our time properly. Check out the slide above to hear a full review of the task and see what our product looked like. 

What do you think we could have done better? Have you ever done anything like this?

Thanks for reading. Blog ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.