Pages

Monday, March 1, 2021

The Maoris point of View

 

Kia ora Bloggers! My name is Lucy and I am a student at Marshland school. Today, we have learned more about the treaty of Waitangi. There were actually 2 Versions of the treaty. The Maori one promised the Maori that they would have full control over their lands and that the queen would protect them. The English one says that the English get all the Sovereignty and could buy the land. This ended up with War and confusion, English taking away their culture and there freedom. This video is about a Maori's point of view of how they felt about all the changes happening. I don't think this is my best work because the app I was using didn't let me download it and I had to use screencastify to video. We had to write a script for what the Maori would say and put it on the app Voki. I found it fun to write it down but the video was very annoying because of all the mistakes. 

What point of View would you choose? Maori or English?

E noho rā!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy. I thought the video ended up fine in the end. It still conveyed your points. The treaty of Waitangi has been the cause of a lot of confusion in the past. I wonder how it is still relevant in the present. I look forward to hearing more blogs about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for Commenting!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.