Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Hurray! It is maths week!

 

Hi there Bloggers!
My name is Lucy and I am a student at marshland school.
It is Maths Week!
This is when the hub is split into little groups for the rest of the week and we learn about maths and each other.
Today, we are learning about the "Fibonacci Sequence".
A guy called Leonardo Fibonacci, found out about and wrote a book. But it was actually the Indian mathematicians that found this out years ago. 
The Fibonacci Sequence is a number sequence that every time you add the two numbers to make the next. 
Such as, 0+1=1, 1+1= 2, 1+2=3 and so on.
I found it quite interesting and sort of hard.
What is another famous Mathematician?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lucinda, I am Peitynn from Waikowhai Primary School. I really liked how you explain about what you did for the maths week. This kind of reminds me of when we did maths week but we did it on the site called maths week. Anyway thank you for sharing your blog post with me and I would like you to comment on my blog post at http://wpspeitynnf.blogspot.com/
    blog you later!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Lucinda
    Wasn't this an interesting exercise and how clever that you can produce a fantastic piece of art that comes from a mathematical sequence!I really love the colours you used aswell. Ka pai!
    Ms Catton

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.